Sunday, July 24, 2005

 

And they say romance is dead

Now that we've bought our intended family homestead, Caroline reminded me of an idea I proposed to her several months ago, earlier in our search. She had been in Dallas for the weekend which left me attending open houses on my own.

Adrift without the ballast of Caroline, I became increasingly frustrated at the notion of trying to locate an affordable three bedroom. It occurred to me that we were looking to upgrade from a 2br mostly because of the hypothetical "two children" that we would spawn one day in the future.

Sunday evening I picked Caroline up at SFO and proceeded to drive back to our flat, buzzing with a great suggestion. I carefully explained the notion that we were making a big financial commitment, and that I did *love* the idea of family, but wouldn't it be ironic if we bought a big house and then couldn't have kids. That's when I raised the concept of fertility testing as a prerequisite to home purchase.

She didn't talk to me for the rest of the ride.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?