Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

The Birthday Upgrade Strategy Does Not Work

Yesterday was my birthday and I spent my evening on a plane crossing the Atlantic. Work is taking me to London, Zurich and Seattle for the next two weeks meaning lots of air time and likely some Airborne. Which, by the way, despite what the woman sitting behind me insisted, IS supposed to be added to water and not chewed like an effervescent vitamin.

Despite our runaway economic success, my company is still pretty sensible when it comes to travel expenses so I flew coach to Heathrow. Used almost all my tricks to try and snag an upgrade from economy but alas it was not to be. Fortunately, I was able to snag one of the limited seats with extra legroom - 29K.

Now I'm in London, back from a stroll outside (sunlight fights jet lag) and preparing for a quick workout before spending the rest of the night on my laptop cranking through emails and finishing a presentation I need to deliver tomorrow morning.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?